29 Apr 2022

My personal favourite uplifting affirmations

 

1. Calm is a superpower

This is my favourite affirmation! Reminding me this affirmation all the time make it easier for me to deal with people who constantly has a goal to push your buttons. Some people think arguing and having the last word at any cost mean you smarter; in fact it just shows that they are still at a level where they have to feed their ego and that they have not self-control. I am human with emotions so of course sometime; I might still react angrily to situations but when I do that, I am not happy. When I do not react, I am happy and satisfied, I feel strong. 

Not giving toxic people the attention they craving, it's an art.


2. I am not a stereotype

The world love to paint black women to be angry, disruptive and savage all because of a skin colour. So, when you do not fit this stereotype, they'll try their best to only promote "the angry ones" to keep the stereotype alive. I am black, I am French, I am Malian by heritage, have dual French and British citizenship, speak 6 languages. I am Model, Translator, Consultant and currently working on my Brand. I have an impeccable hygiene and smell nice, still trying to put me in a box? Good luck with that! Sometime when people who do not know me, neither ever met me and yet feel "threaten" by me, it is surely jealousy, right? or  unconscious bias they have. I wish these people healing.



3. Be YouYOU

YouYou is my nickname, so I used it as a play on word to always be myself. Be You, YouYou! Honesty is an especially important value to me. I am making clear to everyone I know, that if you interested in comfortable lies rather than the truth, we will never be friends. Most people do not like the truth, they lie because they ashamed of who they are or what they done. No judgment but move on with your life and forget about me. 

Some people are uncomfortable with the truth, and I am uncomfortable with liars.



4. Beautiful start with me

I like this affirmation, powerful and especially helpful when I am having a difficult day. I'll stop whatever I am doing, look at myself in the mirror and start saying several times "beautiful start with me" with a big smile, and my mood & energy become amazing. If anyone want to be confident and love themselves, saying certain things whilst looking at yourself in front of the mirror do help, even if you feel silly while doing it. I am someone who do not ever feel intimidating by beautiful women, I can genuinely appreciate other women beauties, without feeling competitive or envious. 



5. Believe in you

The day I start believing in myself is the day my life profoundly changes for the best. It is really difficult for anyone to drag you down when you believe in yourself. Most people are negative minded, miserable and hate seeing others happy. Many are honestly so eager to kill your joy that "they" are now trying to make people believe that positivity is toxic. 😂 If people do not believe in you, don't worry, believe in yourself, and keep focus on your goal. You'll be pleasantly surprised what happen...



6. Enjoy yourself

The way I see it, life is not only about work. Living my life only to work would never be an option for me. I know three people who were under thirty, are now dead. They were saving all their money and never spend a penny. People think they will live forever, they don't realise that they don't decide when the time comes. A good balance of work, travel, making memories with family & friends is a happy life.


7. Excited to be alive

Most of us simply need to be remind everyday of how grateful we should be of being alive. We all have issues whether you short, tall, black, white, brown, poor, rich, unattractive or beautiful. All of us have issues. I come from a working-class background, I could have easily thought, I don't know anyone I don't have money boohoo! Instead, I choose to be positive and think I never want to use my beginnings as an excuse to define my ending! Life is exciting. I have said that sentence a lot "I am excited to be alive" and it is as if I send a message to my brain because I feel excited and happy with great energy often. I have to work extremely hard first until I can just focus on my Brand. 



8. Grow from your past

We all have a past we are not proud of because we did not handle a situation the right way or did things we regret. All experiences were meant for a reason to help you become a better person. I sometime think about things I've done because I can laugh at it now, thinking how naive I was, why didn't I compute this or how did I not see that or why did I react like that or why did I trust that person. Well, it's all helpful for the healing process.



9. No success without struggle

I tried to post positive things on social media because that mentally help me and if that can inspire others, bonus. I personally would not follow anyone writing all the time about their life misery on social media. If it is someone I know and consider as a friend, they should already know they can reach out to me privately and I'll be a good listener, help whenever I can. It does not mean that I don't struggle myself, I just find it more helpful if I have a problem to talk with close ones face to face. I understand why some people might like to see others suffering online so they can feel good and think I am not alone. But for me it goes without saying that everybody struggles at some level and anyone saying otherwise is lying. I prefer to see positive success story, I find it motivating. Many will say good news doesn't sell, bad news and gossip sell. OK, but not to me.

 


10. Embrace change

I am adventurous at heart, like to travel and embrace challenge. At the beginning when I arrived in London from France, I was constantly having to change accommodation because of short term tenancy agreements or flatmates moving out, it was actually quite stressful. 2 months here, 6 months there, 1 year here! But now that I think about it, it was a good experience because I met so many people and also this experience helps me to be able to adapt to situations, grow as a person and I don't fear uncertainty. Whatever challenge is put in front of me I deal with it and see it as an opportunity to progress or to learn new things. I see change as a positive thing; I embrace it.


11. Go after your dreams

I have a passion, dreams and this is what I am focus on. When you go after your dream you surround yourself with like minded positive people, you support each other and there is not time for pettiness, jealousy, gossip. Choose wisely. I have encountered people in a higher position than myself who asks me to collaborate, then what has been happening is that not only they will not credit you, instead they take credit for the work you done, and you might get a thank you if you lucky or they will just ignore you. These fraudsters are not going to win for long, they will get caught because it is not actually their story they are feeding to their audience, they will not know what is next. So now I work in silence and for collaboration everything will have to be agreed in writing, before phone calls.🧿 

Also there is a big difference between being inspired by someone and copying someone, if you are inspired by a person, you'll credit that person.

                                            


12. I am winner

I come from a long way despite all the obstacles that some are putting in front of me, constantly.

I am so grateful to how far I come, so far.

I do not compare myself to my friends because we did not have the same beginning and privileges.

There is a lot of days I fail but I am winner because I don't give up.

The more I fall the quicker I stand up and tried again. Trampoline effect....





                                                              https://www.yaourou.com

                                                      http://modelsplus.com/model/youyou


Vanity Afro 29/04/2021

                                           

22 comments:

  1. Wow! I love when you talk about yourself, and your blog is full of positivity! Looking amazing in that long green dress in number 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much and dress is Jovani!

      Delete
  2. Julia Vyurkova30.4.22

    Great affirmations, I will use most of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, which one is your favourite?

      Delete
    2. Julia Vyurkova1.5.22

      They all great xxx

      Delete
  3. Ellie Collins30.4.22


    Hi Yaourou I've just emailed you. I'd love to interview you for my podcast.
    You'll be perfect for my show xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sharif30.4.22

    You so beautiful baby

    ReplyDelete
  5. Claire30.4.22

    Beautiful You and beautiful quotes! How did you get British Citizenship? xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Settled status, Life in the UK test and application.

      Delete
    2. Claire30.4.22

      Congratulation! Is the test hard?

      Delete
    3. Thank you! not if you learn the book by heart.

      Delete
  6. Kayla30.4.22

    I smell nice 😂😂😂💀💀💀💀 Ppl can be really envious and don't think you're deserving of great things just because they don't have them! Keep doing ur things u inspire ppl!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahaha thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous3.5.22

    This is an excellent presentation. Special thanks for these very uplifting and inspirational remarks. The self-esteem of women has been elevated to a higher level.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I appreciate your comment.

      Delete
  9. Giuseppe3.5.22

    Giustissimo...Che crede in se stesso...non teme nulla. Scrivi un articoletto in Italiano, grazie.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Grazie Giuseppe per il tuo commentario! Ma scrivere l'articolo dove e parlando di cosa?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous5.5.22

    This is beautiful and so empowering. I really like how you broke down each section. Absolutely amazing ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much your comment made me smile!

      Delete
  12. Anna6.5.22

    Omg! Profile short hair pic 5 looking great ❤️❤️❤️xx

    ReplyDelete